McColl Term Associate Professor, UNC School of Information and Library Science Home Page
Ph.D. 2011, Language Technologies, Carnegie Mellon. Information retrieval, aggregated search systems and evaluation, search behavior, text data mining, machine learning, task-based search, search assistance.
Chief Medical Scientist, Kitware, Inc., Chapel Hill, NC Home Page
(109) Ph.D. 1997, UNC-Chapel Hill.
(133) Ph.D. UC Berkeley, 2007. Computer vision, natural language processing, integrating information from words & pictures, visual recognition & retrieval, visual social media and socio-identity, human-in-the loop recognition, gaze pattern analysis, image description generation, clothing recognition.
Associate Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology Home Page
(131) Ph.D. 2006, CICESE, Mexico. Computer vision; evolutionary computation.
Associate Professor, School of Information and Library Science Home Page
(151) Ph.D. 2005, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Visualization and visual analytics, data analysis, data science, health informatics, machine learning.
Amos Hawley Distinguished Professor, Department of Statistics and Operations Research Home Page
(114) Ph.D. 1982, UC-Los Angeles. Smoothing methods for curve estimation.
Research Assistant Professor, Depatment of Psychiatry
(51) Ph.D. 2010, University of Extremadura, Advanced computer vision techniques applied to quality control industrial environments. Adjunct Research Professor of Computer Science
Professor, Radiation Oncology
rosenman (at) cs.unc.edu
(112) M.D. 1977, Southwestern; Ph.D. 1971, Texas-Austin. Computer graphics for treatment of cancer patients; contrast enhancement of poor quality X-rays.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Director for Image Analysis Core in BRIC and Medical Image Analysis Lab Home Page
(104) Ph.D. 1995, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
(69) Ph.D. 1994, UNC-Chapel Hill. 3D interactive computer graphics; virtual worlds; distributed computing; scientific visualization; human-computer interaction.
Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics and Operational Reasoning Home Page
Ph.D. 2012, Engineering, KU Leuven. Numerical optimization: theory and algorithms for convex optimization and non-convex continuous optimization.
K.H. Lee Distinguished Professor and Chair, Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products, School of Pharmacy
(111) Ph.D. 1986, Moscow State University, Russia.
Florida Hospital Endowed Chair in Healthcare Simulation, University of Central Florida Home Page
(71) Ph.D. 1996, UNC-Chapel Hill. Human motion tracking systems; 3D telepresence; projector-based graphics; computer vision and view synthesis; medical applications of computers.
(122) Ph.D. 1978, N.C. State. Algorithms, architectures, displays for graphics applications including virtual and augmented reality.
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
Ph.D. 2007, Shanghai Jiao Tong.