Computer Science Commencement
2019 Department of Computer Science Commencement Schedule:
Sunday, May 12
11:30 a.m. Hooding Ceremony – SN014
12:30 p.m. Lunch for PhD students and families, and faculty – FB141
1:15 p.m. Ice Cream and Cake Reception – Sitterson and Brooks Lobbies
3:00 p.m. Students at Carmichael for line-up – Carmichael Arena
3:30 p.m. Commencement Ceremony – Carmichael Arena
The Graduate School Hood Ceremony: Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. in the Dean E. Smith Center. Graduating students and advisors should arrive at Entrance D no later than 8:15 a.m. Please visit the graduate school website for additional information.
UNC-CH Spring Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. at Kenan Stadium. Graduating undergraduate students should report to the Loudermilk Lot via the outside of the stadium no later than 8:30 a.m. Please visit the University commencement website for additional information.
Graduates from August 2018 and December 2018, as well as May 2019 candidates receive invitations.
CS Commencement Details:
- RSVP’s for the commencement reception requested by May 2. Please RSVP using this form.
- Students are to report to Carmichael NO LATER THAN 2:40 p.m. on Sunday, May 12.
- Doctoral Candidates: Statements from your adviser need to be turned in ASAP. Bring your hood to with you for the hooding ceremony on Sunday, May 12.
Agenda of Commencement:
Introductions, Awards, Presentation of Graduates.
There will be a small reception at 1:15 p.m. in Sitterson Hall and Brooks Building. Inside seating will be available in the Sitterson upper and lower lobbies as well as outside on the patios of both Sitterson Hall and the Fred Brooks Building.
More information will be shared soon.
Diploma Distribution Guidelines are on the registrar’s website.
- Be sure your home address in ConnectCarolina is where you want your diplomas mailed!
- International addresses must pass through the destination country’s Custom’s Office. Be advised that this can significantly delay delivery.
- Diplomas for professional graduate degree recipients are available for pick-up in the Registrar’s Office on commencement Sunday and throughout the month of May.
- Diplomas for MS and undergraduate degree recipients are ordered after commencement and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-August.
2019 Computer Science Commencement Ceremony FAQ’s
- Includes information on tickets, RSVP’s, parking, seating, accessibility, attire, etc.
- Professional Pictures by Photo Specialties