Computer Science Commencement
2018 Department of Computer Science Commencement Schedule:
Sunday, May 13
10:30 a.m. Hooding Ceremony – SN014
11:30 p.m. Lunch for Ph.D. graduates & family, and faculty – SN014
12:30 p.m. Student at Carmichael for line-up – Carmichael Arena
1:00 p.m. Commencement Ceremony – Carmichael Arena
3:00 p.m. Ice Cream & Cake Reception – Sitterson & Brooks Lobbies
The Graduate School Hood Ceremony: Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 9:30 a.m. in the Dean E. Smith Center. Graduating students and advisors should arrive no later than 8:45 a.m.
UNC-CH Spring Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. at Kenan Stadium. Graduating undergraduate students should report to the Loudermilk Lot via the outside of the stadium no later than 8:30 a.m.
Graduates from August 2017 and December 2017, as well as May 2018 candidates, receive invitations.
CS Commencement Details:
- RSVP’s Required by May 2.
- Students are to report to Carmichael NO LATER THAN 12:40 p.m. on Sunday, May 13.
- Doctoral Candidates: Statements from your adviser need to be turned in ASAP. Bring your hood to Jasleen Kaur no later than 10:00 a.m. on Sunday.
Agenda of Commencement:
Introductions, Awards, Presentation of Graduates.
There will be a small reception following the CS Ceremony in Sitterson Hall and Brooks Building. Inside seating will be available in the Sitterson upper and lower lobbies as well as outside on the patios of both Sitterson Hall and the Fred Brooks Building.
More information will be shared soon.
Diploma Distribution Guidelines are on the registrar’s website.
- Be sure your home address in ConnectCarolina is where you want your diplomas mailed!
- International addresses must pass through the destination country’s Custom’s Office. Be advised that this can significantly delay delivery.
- Diplomas for professional graduate degree recipients are available for pick-up in the Registrar’s Office on commencement Sunday and throughout the month of May.
- Diplomas for MS and undergraduate degree recipients are ordered after commencement and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-August.
2018 Computer Science Commencement Ceremony FAQ’s
- Includes information on tickets, RSVP’s, parking, seating, accessibility, attire, etc.
- Professional Pictures by Photo Specialties