Computer Science Commencement 2017
Department of Computer Science Commencement Schedule:
Sunday, May 14
11:30 a.m. Hooding Ceremony – SN014
12:30 p.m. Lunch for Ph.D. graduates & Family, and faculty – FB141
1:15 p.m. Ice Cream & Cake Reception – Sitterson & Brooks Lobbies
3:00 p.m. Student at Carmichael for lineup – Carmichael Auditorium
3:30 p.m. Commencement Ceremony – Carmichael Auditorium
The Graduate School Hood Ceremony: Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in the Dean E. Smith Center.
UNC-CH Spring Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. at Kenan Stadium.
Graduates from August 2016 and December 2016, as well as May 2017 candidates, receive invitations.
CS Commencement Details:
- RSVP’s Required by May 2
- Students are to report to Carmichael NO LATER THAN 3:10 P.M. on Sunday.
- Doctoral Candidates: Statements from your adviser need to be turned in IMMEDIATELY. Bring your hood to Jan Prins no later than 11:00 on Sunday.
Agenda of Commencement:
Introductions, Awards, Presentation of Graduates.
There will be a small reception prior to the CS Ceremony in Sitterson Hall and Brooks Building. Inside seating will be available in the Sitterson upper and lower lobbies as well as outside on the patios of both Sitterson Hall and the Fred Brooks Blg.
More information will be shared soon.
Diploma Distribution Guidelines are on the registrar’s website.
- Be sure your home address in ConnectCarolina is where you want your diplomas mailed!!
- International Addresses must pass through the destination country’s Custom’s Office. Be advised that this can significantly delay delivery.
- Diplomas for professional graduate degree recipients are available for pick-up in the Registrar’s Office on Commencement Sunday and throughout the month of May.
- Diplomas for MS and Undergraduate degree recipients are ordered after Commencement and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-August.
2017 Computer Science Commencement Ceremony FAQ’s
- Includes information on tickets, RSVP’s, parking, seating, accessibility, attire, etc.
- Professional Pictures by Photo Specialties