Computer Science Commencement 2017
Sunday, May 14, at 3:30 p.m. in Carmichael Arena
Graduates from August 2016 and December 2016 as well as May 2017 candidates receive invitations.
UNC-CH Spring Commencement Ceremony – Sunday May 14, 2017 9:00am at Kenan Stadium. Click the link for details.
Dept of Computer Science Hooding Ceremony: Sunday May 14 at 11:30 a.m. in Sitterson Hall, Room SN014
The Graduate School Hood Ceremony: Saturday May 13, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. in the Dean E. Smith Center.
CS Commencement Details:
- RSVP’s Required by May 2
- Students are to report to Carmichael NO LATER THAN 3:10PM on Sunday.
- Doctoral Candidates: Statements from your adviser need to be turned in IMMEDIATELY. Bring your hood to Jan Prins no later than 1:15 on Saturday if possible.
Agenda of Commencement:
Introductions, Awards, Presentation of Graduates.
There will be a small reception prior to the CS Ceremony in Sitterson Hall and Brooks Building. Inside seating will be available in the Sitterson upper and lower lobbies as well as outside on the patios of both Sitterson Hall and the Fred Brooks Blg.
More information will be shared soon.
Diploma Distribution Guidelines are on the Registrar’s Web site.
- Be sure your home address in ConnectCarolina is where you want your diplomas mailed!!
- International Addresses must pass through the destination country’s Custom’s Office. Be advised that this can significanly delay delivery.
- Diplomas for professional graduate degree recipients are available for pick-up in the Registrar’s Office on Commencement Sunday and throughout the month of May.
- Diplomas for MS and Undergraduate degree recipients are ordered after Commencement and mailed to each graduate’s home address (as listed in ConnectCarolina) in mid-August.
2017 Computer Science Commencement Ceremony FAQ’s
- Includes information on tickets, RSVP’s, parking, seating, accessibility, attire, etc.
- Professional Pictures by Photo Specialties