Meet the 2018 Student Ambassadors
Meet the 2018 Student Ambassadors!
- Hometown: Fayetteville, NC
- Favorite thing about being a CS major: My favorite thing about being a CS major is how it enables me to be a flexible builder. Every time I walk into lecture, a workshop, or even a conversation regarding CS, I discover a new way to think about solutions and problems. The learning never stops and so my ability to create does not either.
- Hobbies: Reading books with film adaptations, graphic design, and collecting postcards!
- Hometown: Shanghai, China
Favorite thing about being a CS major: The ability to explore multiple sub fields of computer science (e.g. data science, machine learning, web development) and not being confined to one particular track.
Hobbies: Art (Sketching in particular)
- Hometown: Holly Springs, NC
Favorite thing about being a CS major: I love having the freedom and ability to combine my interests outside of CS with my major to make it unique to me.
Hobbies: Outside of CS, I am involved in the African organization on campus called O.A.S.I.S. Its mission is spreading awareness of the beauty of African culture and serving as a resource for the UNC-Chapel Hill campus and surrounding communities. I am also currently volunteering once a week with Technology Without Boarders at the Emily K Center in Durham. Along with my fellow computer science majors, exposing students ages 9-11 to coding and the impact it can have on their future.
- Hometown: Mount Sinai, NY
Favorite thing about being a CS major: The amazing people that you’ll meet/ learn from/ build lasting relationships with and the pure practicality and immediate application of everything you learn, whether inside or outside the classroom.
Hobbies: The going to beach, UNC Athletics (Go Heels!), FIFA, a good brain teaser, exploring my new home state of North Carolina and anything that involves sushi.
Hometown: Grapevine, TX
Favorite thing about being a CS major: The challenge of finding creative solutions to problems.
Hobbies: Alpha Kappa Psi Professional Business Fraternity, Blank Canvas Dance Company, yoga, reading
- Hometown: Morrisville, NC
Favorite thing about being a CS major: The concepts we learn is so applicable and not only useful for writing all kinds of programs but can be used to solve real life problems as well.
Hobbies: Art, games
- Hometown: Winston-Salem, NC
Favorite thing about being a CS major: Coding
Hobbies: Tennis, Racquetball, Reading, Netflix
- Hometown: Raleigh, NC
- Favorite thing about being a CS major: Computer Science allows me to get paid doing something that I love (solving difficult, interesting problems) while providing a nice intersection of math, science, technology, and creativity. I also love how fast moving the field is as this provides excellent research opportunities for those in academia and ensures that those in industry are always learning.
- Hobbies: Soccer, Hiking, Climbing, Music Festivals/Concerts, Fifa, Film, TV
- Hometown: Reading, MA
- Favorite thing about being a CS major: Learning to build and shape the world around me.
- Hobbies: Reading, MA Basketball, Software Design, Scuba Diving, Meditation, Portrait Photography, Fashion
- Hometown: Fuquay-Varina, NC
Favorite thing about being a CS major: My favorite thing about majoring in Computer Science is that I’m not limited to a certain way of thinking, I can be creative in how I solve problems and create programs.
Hobbies: Linguistics, traveling, going to concerts
- Hometown: Charlotte, NC
Favorite thing about being a CS major: Getting to learn about the technology around me and how it works.
- Hobbies: Basketball, Video games