CS Career Week 2017 – Student Information
|10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.||Capital One Day||Capital One will host an info talk, info table, mock one-on-one interviews, resume tips, games, and reception.
View the full schedule here.
|Sitterson Hall Lower Lobby|
|Wednesday, Sept. 13||3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||CS & IT Tech Fair||Job and internship expo specifically geared toward computer science and information science students||Great Hall, Student Union|
|Thursday, Sept. 14||12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Fall Job & Internship Expo||Fall Job and Internship Expo open to all majors||Ram’s Head Recreation Center|
|5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.||CS & IT Career Symposium||Pre-registration required! Employer panel discussions and networking event||014 Sitterson Hall|
- Date: Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Time: 10:00 a.m.- 7:30 p.m.
- Location: Sitterson Hall, Lower Lobby
Capital One will be hosting a special recruiting day, with an info talk, info table, mock one-on-one interviews, resume tips, games, and a reception. View the full schedule here.
- Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- Time: 3:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Location: Great Hall, Student Union
Join us for the third annual Tech Fair in the Great Hall! Over 50 tech employers will be in attendance to speak with Technology majors about their job and internship opportunities. Come prepared with several copies of your resume and informed questions for employers! View participating employers at http://bit.ly/2017UNCTechFair.
- Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Time: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Location: Ram’s Head Recreation Center
Meet with representatives from organizations that have full-time positions and internships available in North Carolina and throughout the U.S. There will be for-profit and non-profit and government organizations attending. To view and research the list of the organizations to be represented, visit http://bit.ly/2017UNCFallExpo. Please bring multiple copies of your resume and to make the best impression on employers, professional attire is recommended. This career fair is open to all majors and all disciplines. This event is open to UNC-Chapel Hill students only.
- Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Time: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Location: 014 Sitterson Hall
Join us for an evening of panel discussions & networking to learn how to improve your resume, prepare for the job search and find out what it is like to work in several industries. Don’t miss an opportunity to engage with engineers & recruiters from leading companies.
|5:30 p.m.||Panel 1: Industry Perspective
A diverse group of panelists will provide perspectives on working in a broad range of fields, including technology, finance, consulting, and other industries.
|6:15 p.m.||Panel 2: Student Perspective
The second panel will focus on student experience in internships and jobs in the computer science field. Current students and recent graduates will discuss what helped them secure internships, and what opportunities they had/have in their roles at these companies.
|7:00 p.m.||Networking Event
We will finish the evening with time for networking to allow you to connect with employers face-to-face. Refreshments will be provided.
- Who may attend? Registration is REQUIRED, but this event is open to all UNC students in Computer Science, Information Science, and other STEM fields.
- What is the dress code? Business casual attire is appropriate.
- What should I bring? We encourage students to bring their resumes and or business cards.
- Is food provided? Yes! We will provide food and sodas for the networking event.
- Research the companies you plan to see this week. Find out a little about what they do and what kinds of job/internships they are recruiting. Check Handshake (formerly Careerolina) or the company website for job postings and the list of employers who are registered for the Job and Internship Expo, Symposium, and Tech Fair.
- Think of a question you have for the companies you plan to talk with. Maybe you have a question about the job, their culture, what skills and qualities they are looking for in an ideal candidate or the application process. Don’t just walk up and ask “what are you hiring for?” Show them you’re interested and that you’ve put some effort into finding out more about them! Be sure to visit our Corporate Partners page and familiarize yourself with those companies.
- Make sure your resume is in good shape before you hand it to an employer. If you haven’t yet had it looked at, think about stopping in with University Career Services during their drop-ins, M-F from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Learn about what’s important on a resume from the recruiter’s perspective!
- If you have questions about how to prepare, contact Jeff Sackaroff, a CS career coach!
Computer Science Career Week 2017 is sponsored by all of our Corporate Partners. Check out all the companies who are partners with UNC CS on our Corporate Partners page.