Computer Science Department Calendars
This page contains a partial list of calendars in use in the department. If you are scheduling an event such as a visitor or colloquium, we suggest that you send an email to deptcal with the information about the event, as RSAC is the primary resource for hosting events in the department.
- Department Calendar This includes research meetings, talks, other events, University holidays, and an abbreviated academic calendar.
- Talks This includes the Triangle Computer Science Distinguished Lecturer Series, colloquia (including faculty candidate talks), defenses, and corporate events (recruiting talks and the like).
- Other Events This calendar is for events such as Candidates’s Day, Research Fair, workshops, conferences we hosts, one-time meetings, and so on.
- Visitors’ Schedules This calendar is for scheduling meetings with visitors.
- Corporate Events This calendar list all Corporate Recruiting events, e.g., tech talks, lobby tables, info sessions, career fairs, networking sessions/opportunities, in the department and on campus.
- Research Meetings
- Graduate Deadlines This calendar is for graduate student deadlines, e.g., dissertation submission deadline, degree application deadlines, as well as department specific deadlines for graduate students.
- Class Schedules This calendar shows the schedules for Computer Science classes.
- UNC Holidays
- UNC Abbreviated Academic Calendar This includes exam days, semester start and stop dates, work days with no class, reading days, and commencement. University Holidays are shown on a separate calendar.
- UNC Academic Calendar This is a very detailed calendar, including everything in the abbreviated calendar above, plus deadlines for grading, registration, residence hall closing, and holidays that fall within semesters and summer sessions.
- Undergraduate Events Calendar This includes club meetings scheduled in Sitterson Hall and Brooks Building as well as other department events for undergraduates.
- Note: to read these calendars, you must first log in to your department Google Apps domain account in the same browser you are want to use to view the calendars.
- Staff Calendars
- Conference Rooms This includes calendars for conference rooms. It is not very readable as a calendar, but it is useful if you click on “+ Google Calendar” at the bottom right of the calendar so you can select conference room calendars to add to your list of calendars.
- Classrooms This is a calendar for all classrooms together. It is not very readable as a calendar, but it is useful if you click on “+ Google Calendar” at the bottom right of the calendar so you can select classroom calendars to add to your list of calendars.
- Other Rooms This is a calendar for miscellaneous other rooms, including the Sitterson upper and lower lobbies and the Reading Room.
- Doors Open This shows times that the department’s electronically controlled doors are open. For reference, the University Holidays, Colloquia, Corporate Events, and Other Events calendars are included.
- Faculty Meetings This shows times and agendas of department faculty meetings.
- Parking Permits This includes calendars for the two-hour service permit and for the visitor parking permit.