ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest
2017 Mid-Atlantic Regional Contest Information
Regional competition is the first tier of the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest. The Mid-Atlantic Region covers southern New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, the District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginaia and North Carolina. For more information, see the Mid-Atlantic Regional Programming Contest’s Homepage or The ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest.
Contest Director: Ketan Mayer-Patel
Contest Date: Saturday, November 11, 2017
The top teams in the region will advance to the ACM ICPC World Finals.
You must register through the main Mid-Atlantic site, Radford.
|8:00 am – 8:45 am||Breakfast/Register|
|8:45 am – 9:30 am||Welcome/Info Session|
|9:30 am – 10:30 am||Practice|
|11:00 am – 12:00 pm||Lunch|
|12:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Competition|
|5:00 pm||Dinner, announce site winners|
The Contest will be held in Sitterson Hall, home of the UNC Department of Computer Science.
Sitterson Hall is located at 201 S. Columbia Street, Chapel Hill, NC 27599.
Directions from points East
- Take I-40 West to Exit 273-A, Highway 54 West toward Chapel Hill (2nd ramp; you will pass under the bridge first).
- Follow Highway 54 West for approximately 4.5 miles. The road will be renamed a couple of times (first Raleigh Road and then South Road), but keep going on the same road until you reach the stoplight at South Columbia Street. At South Columbia Street (a one way street at this point), turn right. Sitterson Hall will be on the right.
Directions from points West
- Take Interstate 85 North, then take Interstate 40 East. Exit from the highway at Exit 266.
- Turn right at the top of the exit ramp. You will be on Highway 86 South and you will stay on this road for 4.2 miles. The name of the road will change — from N.C. 86, to Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, to Columbia Street — but there will be route signs saying “86” the entire way.
- You will drive through a major intersection with Franklin Street, Chapel Hill’s main street which marks the border between UNC’s north campus and the town.
- After passing through this intersection, you will pass through one set of lights for a pedestrian crossing, then at the next set of lights (Cameron Avenue), the road you are on (at this point called Columbia Street) becomes a one-way street and you can only turn left or right. Sitterson Hall is visible straight ahead on the one-way section of Columbia Street very close to this intersection.
Directions from points North
- Take Interstate 85 South to Durham, N.C.
- Take Exit 174-B (a left exit) onto Highway 15-501 South. There will be a sign for Chapel Hill at the exit. Continue on this highway for several miles.
- You will cross over Interstate 40 and almost immediately you will enter Chapel Hill. Highway 15-501 South will fork shortly after this; take the left fork to stay on Highway 15-501 South and continue until you reach Highway 54 West. (the sign says UNC-Chapel Hill). Take this exit.
- When you reach the bottom of the exit ramp you will be on Highway 54 West (which at this point is also called South Road). Continue on this road through three stoplights. At the fourth stoplight (South Columbia Street, a one way street), turn right. Sitterson Hall will be on the right.
We recommend that visitors to Chapel Hill familiarize themselves with parking options at parkonthehill.com. In general, university parking lots will be free from 5 p.m. on Friday until 7:30 a.m. Monday. Be sure to check the black signs at each parking lot before leaving your car, and refrain from parking in any spot that is reserved 24 hours. There are also paid parking lots and decks downtown on Franklin Street and Rosemary Street, as well as on campus.
Walking Distance from Sitterson Hall and Brooks Building
|Carolina Inn 211 Pittsboro St., Chapel Hill||(919) 933-2001 /(800) 962-8519||$159-$300|
|Franklin Hotel 311 West Franklin Street, Chapel Hill||(919) 442-9000||$175-$599|
Driving Distance from Sitterson Hall and Brooks Building
|Aloft Chapel Hill 1001 South Hamilton Road, Chapel Hill||(919) 932-7772||$114|
|Chapel Hill University Inn1301 N. Fordham Blvd., Chapel Hill||(919) 929-2171||$90-$110|
|Courtyard by Marriott Chapel Hill 100 Marriott Way, Chapel Hill||(919) 883-0700||$119|
|Comfort Inn University 3508 Mt. Moriah Rd., Durham||(919) 490-4949||$64.99-$79.99|
|Days Inn** 1312 N. Fordham Blvd., Chapel Hill||(919) 929-3090||$72-142|
|Hampton Inn & Suites6121 Farrington Rd., Chapel Hill||(919) 403-8700 /(800) 426-7866||$109-$159|
|Holiday Inn Express 6119 Farrington Rd., Chapel Hill||(919) 489-7555 /(800) 465-4329||$84-$179|
Homewood Suites Hotel 3600 Mt. Moriah Rd., Durham
|La Quinta Inn and Suites 4414 Chapel Hill Blvd., Durham||(919) 401-9660||$64-$90|
|Marriott Residence Inn101 Erwin Road, Chapel Hill||(919) 933-4848||$109-$169|
|Quality Inn**1740 Hwy. 15-501 (Fordham Blvd), Chapel Hill||(919) 968-3000||$64-$113|
|Red Roof Inn 5623 Chapel Hill Blvd., Durham||(919) 489-9421||$54.99-$64.99|
|Siena Hotel** 1505 E. Franklin St., Chapel Hill||(919) 929-4000||$129|
|Sheraton Chapel Hill Hotel** One Europa Dr., Chapel Hill||(919) 968-4900||$91|
* Rates are as of August 2014. Rates are provided by hotels and are subject to change at any time.
- **Ask for UNC rate if you are coming in to town for a UNC event or you are affiliated with UNC.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will be provided on the day of the event in the Sitterson Hall lower lobby.
For those of you who are here longer, there are many good restaurants around Chapel Hill and the Triangle.