I am a doctoral student of computer science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, advised by Jan-Michael Frahm. I received a B.S. in bioinformatics from Baylor University in Waco, Texas in 2013 and a M.S. in computer science from UNC in 2015.
I've been involved with a variety of projects at UNC, mostly relating to 3D computer vision. A few example projects include: placing people into large-scale 3D reconstructions, 3D reconstruction from throat endoscopy videos, and facial reconstruction for breaking face authentication systems. From time to time, I also dabble with applying neural networks to 3D vision problems. As an undergraduate and in my first year at UNC, I was particularly interested in fMRI image analysis, leveraging image processing and machine learning techniques to help identify differences in patients with traumatic brain injury and with autism. In the past, I've also been involved with bioinformatics research, including the GeneWeaver project, ontology-weighted graph clustering, and RNA sequence analysis. In the summer of 2016, I interned at Organic Motion (now defunct), where I developed software for real-time meshing and mesh registration of synchronized RGB video input. I interned with Zhixin Yan and Mao Ye at Robert Bosch LLC in the summer of 2017, exploring the intersection of deep learning with 3D camera tracking and reconstruction. For the summer of 2018, I was an intern in the Google Daydream team, working with Hugues Hoppe.
Code and Links
You can view some of my public code projects on GitHub. Here are a few links to things I have worked on:
- libcua: A convenient header-only library for memory-managed CUDA arrays.
- pycolmap: Python interface for handling, creating, and modifying COLMAP reconstructions.
- python-video-tool: Tool for creating flythough videos of 3D models, built on Panda3D.
- python-graph-clustering: Various graph clustering routines written in Python, mainly for processing protein-protein interaction networks.
- Deep Blending supplementary videos
- 3D models from our CVPR 2018 paper
You can view my publications on Google Scholar.
- Max Hudnell, True Price, Jan-Michael Frahm. "Robust Aleatoric Modeling for Future Vehicle Localization" CVPR Workshop on Precognition, 2019. (Best student paper award!) [pdf]
- Peter Hedman, Julien Philip, True Price, Jan-Michael Frahm, George Drettakis, Gabriel Brostow. "Deep Blending for Free-Viewpoint Image-Based Rendering" SIGGRAPH Asia, 2018. [pdf] [supplementary]
- Young-Woon Cha*, True Price*, Zhen Wei, Xinran Lu, Nicholas Rewkowski, Rohan Chabra, Zihe Qin, Hyounghun Kim, Zhaoqi Su, Yebin Liu, Adrian Ilie, Andrei State, Zhenlin Xu, Jan-Michael Frahm, Henry Fuchs. "Towards Fully Mobile 3D Face, Body, and Environment Capture Using Only Head-worn Cameras" ISMAR (TVCG), 2018. [pdf] [video]
- True Price, Johannes Schönberger, Zhen Wei, Marc Pollefeys, Jan-Michael Frahm. "Augmenting Crowd-Sourced 3D Reconstructions using Semantic Detections" CVPR, 2018. [pdf] [supplementary] [video] [data (work in progress)]
- Akash Bapat, True Price, Jan-Michael Frahm. "Rolling Shutter and Radial Distortion are Features for High Frame Rate Multi-camera Tracking" CVPR, 2018. [pdf]
- Andreas Kuhn, True Price, Helmut Mayer, Jan-Michael Frahm. "Down to Earth: Using Semantics for Robust Hypothesis Selection for the Five-Point Algorithm" GCPR, 2017. (Best paper honorable mention!) [springer link]
- Yi Xu, True Price, Fabian Monrose, Jan-Michael Frahm. "Caught Red-Handed: Toward Practical Video-based Subsequences Matching in the Presence of Real-World Transformations." CVPR COPS Workshop, 2017. [pdf]
- Rui Wang, True Price, Qingyu Zhao, Jan-Michael Frahm, Julian Rosenman, Stephen Pizer. "Improving 3D surface reconstruction from endoscopic video via fusion and refined reflectance modeling." SPIE Medical Imaging, 2017. [web link]
- Johannes Schönberger*, True Price*, Torsten Sattler*, Jan-Michael Frahm, Marc Pollefeys. "A Vote-and-Verify Strategy for Fast Spatial Verification in Image Retrieval." ACCV, 2016. [pdf] [supplementary] [github]
- Qingyu Zhao, True Price, Stephen Pizer, Marc Niethammer, Ron Alterovitz, Julian Rosenman. "The Endoscopogram: a 3D Model Reconstructed from Endoscopic Video Frames." MICCAI, 2016. [web link]
- Yi Xu, True Price, Jan-Michael Frahm, Fabian Monrose. "Virtual U: Defeating Face Liveness Detection by Building Virtual Models From Your Public Photos." USENIX Security, 2016. (Oral presentation) [pdf] [slides] [web] [Wired]
- Qingyu Zhao, True Price, Stephen Pizer, Marc Niethammer, Ron Alterovitz, Julian Rosenman. "Surface Registration in the Presence of Missing Patches and Topology Change." MIUA, 2015. (Best paper award!) [web link] [proceedings]
- Chong-Yaw Wee, Zhimin Zhao, Pew-Thian Yap, Guorong Wu, Feng Shi, True Price, Yasong Du, Jianrong Xu, Yan Zhou, Dinggang Shen. "Disrupted Brain Functional Network in Internet Addiction Disorder: A Resting-State Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study." PloS one, 2014. [web link]
- Yanrong Guo, Yaozong Gao, Yeqin Shao, True Price, Aytekin Oto, Dinggang Shen. "Deformable segmentation of 3D MR prostate images via distributed discriminative dictionary and ensemble learning." Medical Physics, 2014. [web link]
- True Price, Chong-Yaw Wee, Wei Gao, Dinggang Shen. "Multiple-Network Classification of Childhood Autism Using Functional Connectivity Dynamics." MICCAI, 2014. [pdf]
- Rui Min, Jian Cheng, True Price, Guorong Wu, Dinggang Shen. "Maximum-Margin Based Representation Learning from Multiple Atlases for Alzheimer's Disease Classification." MICCAI, 2014. [pdf]
- True Price, Francisco I Peña III, Young-Rae Cho. "Survey: Enhancing protein complex prediction in PPI networks with GO similarity weighting." Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences, 2013. [pdf] [springer link] [github]