I am a doctoral student of computer science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, advised by Jan-Michael Frahm. I received a B.S. in bioinformatics from Baylor University in Waco, Texas in 2013 and a M.S. in computer science from UNC in 2015.
I've been involved with a variety of projects at UNC, including 3D reconstruction from throat endoscopy videos, facial reconstruction for breaking face authentication systems, and leveraging neural networks for multi-view reasoning. As an undergraduate and in my first year at UNC, I was particularly interested in fMRI image analysis, leveraging image processing and machine learning techniques to help identify differences in patients with traumatic brain injury and with autism. I was also involved with bioinformatics research, including the GeneWeaver project, ontology-weighted graph clustering, and RNA sequence analysis. In the summer of 2016, I interned at Organic Motion, where I developed software for real-time meshing and mesh registration of synchronized RGB video input. For the summer of 2017, I will be interning at Bosch, working on projects related to augmented reality.
You can view my publications on Google Scholar.
- Andreas Kuhn, True Price, Helmut Mayer, Jan-Michael Frahm. "Down to Earth: Using Semantics for Robust Hypothesis Selection for the Five-Point Algorithm" GCPR, 2017. (Best paper honorable mention!) [springer link]
- Yi Xu, True Price, Fabian Monrose, Jan-Michael Frahm. "Caught Red-Handed: Toward Practical Video-based Subsequences Matching in the Presence of Real-World Transformations." CVPR COPS Workshop, 2017. [pdf]
- Rui Wang, True Price, Qingyu Zhao, Jan-Michael Frahm, Julian Rosenman, Stephen Pizer. "Improving 3D surface reconstruction from endoscopic video via fusion and refined reflectance modeling." SPIE Medical Imaging, 2017. [web link]
- Johannes Schönberger, True Price, Torsten Sattler, Jan-Michael Frahm, Marc Pollefeys. "A Vote-and-Verify Strategy for Fast Spatial Verification in Image Retrieval." ACCV, 2016. [pdf] [supplementary] [github]
- Qingyu Zhao, True Price, Stephen Pizer, Marc Niethammer, Ron Alterovitz, Julian Rosenman. "The Endoscopogram: a 3D Model Reconstructed from Endoscopic Video Frames." MICCAI, 2016. [web link]
- Yi Xu, True Price, Jan-Michael Frahm, Fabian Monrose. "Virtual U: Defeating Face Liveness Detection by Building Virtual Models From Your Public Photos." USENIX Security, 2016. (Oral presentation) [pdf] [slides] [web] [Wired]
- Qingyu Zhao, True Price, Stephen Pizer, Marc Niethammer, Ron Alterovitz, Julian Rosenman. "Surface Registration in the Presence of Missing Patches and Topology Change." MIUA, 2015. (Best paper award!) [web link] [proceedings]
- Chong-Yaw Wee, Zhimin Zhao, Pew-Thian Yap, Guorong Wu, Feng Shi, True Price, Yasong Du, Jianrong Xu, Yan Zhou, Dinggang Shen. "Disrupted Brain Functional Network in Internet Addiction Disorder: A Resting-State Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study." PloS one, 2014. [web link]
- Yanrong Guo, Yaozong Gao, Yeqin Shao, True Price, Aytekin Oto, Dinggang Shen. "Deformable segmentation of 3D MR prostate images via distributed discriminative dictionary and ensemble learning." Medical Physics, 2014. [web link]
- True Price, Chong-Yaw Wee, Wei Gao, Dinggang Shen. "Multiple-Network Classification of Childhood Autism Using Functional Connectivity Dynamics." MICCAI, 2014. [pdf]
- Rui Min, Jian Cheng, True Price, Guorong Wu, Dinggang Shen. "Maximum-Margin Based Representation Learning from Multiple Atlases for Alzheimer's Disease Classification." MICCAI, 2014. [pdf]
- True Price, Francisco I Peña III, Young-Rae Cho. "Survey: Enhancing protein complex prediction in PPI networks with GO similarity weighting." Interdisciplinary Sciences: Computational Life Sciences, 2013. [pdf] [springer link] [github]