Outlook can be configured to use your UNC Computer Science Gmail account through the following steps:
1. Open Outlook
2. Go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings
3. Click New
4. Select E-mail Account
5. Select “POP or IMAP”
6. Enter your information as shown, using your full CS email address as your username:
7. Click on “More Settings”
8. Check box for “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
9. Click Advanced. Choose SSL for the encryption type of both incoming and outgoing servers. Enter 993 for Incoming Server, and 465 for Outgoing server. Click OK.
10. Outlook will test your settings. You should get a success message.
11. Click close, and finish on the following page.
Your Gmail account should now be available in Outlook